This position is eligible for a $1,000 Sign on Bonus!!! At Ebenezer, our Chefs/Cooks enjoy a robust compensation package with excellent benefits and earn an additional $2 per hour over the course of the first year.
When you come to work at Ebenezer, we promise to support your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others. Named as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 12th time, Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living organization with over 100 years of excellent service, and we’re growing at an unprecedented rate!
We are looking for a Senior Chef, come use your creative culinary experience at Ebenezer! This role would be responsible for ensuring meals are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable regulations and senior resident expectations for our Assisted Living/Memory Care community. This Chef schedule includes;
- 80 hours every two weeks
- Full time, Day shifts – 10 hour shifts
- Every other weekend and holiday rotation
- Benefit eligible (Paid time off, Medical, Dental, Matching Retirement dollars, Tuition Reimbursement) https://www.ebenezercares.org/benefits.html
- Preparation of meals by following standardized recipes
- Handles and prepares food in a safe manner following policies and infection control and safety standards.
- Ensure timely production and meal service is provided to residents
- Set up line service
- Clean and sanitize equipment and work area after each use
- Assists with special events
- Conduct customer service rounding to gain feedback from residents on meals and service provided
- Supervise kitchen staff to include duties such as; training, coaching, accountability for staff and their work performance, assist with performance evaluations and scheduling of staff
- Serv Safe certification acquired within 90 days of start date
- 1-3 years of related experience (i.e. scratch, high volume, culinary, chef, assistant chef)
- Basic math skills and comfortable using Microsoft applications
- Strong problem solving and time leadership skills/experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Food service vocational/technical education or training preferred
- Training, supervisory, leadership work experience or education preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a supervisory role or comfortable working in a supervisory capacity