With our robust Intergenerational Program at Riley Crossing Campus, our Child Care kids and senior residents get many opportunities to interact with regularly scheduled activities.
Riley Crossing kids love spending time with their “Grandfriends” on our Senior Living side. The seniors can teach them about life experiences, value, respect and manners. They will grow to learn about similarities between each other, enriching not only the lives of our residents but Riley Crossing kids as well. This understanding and love lay a foundation for celebrating diversity, a skill that they will use throughout their lives.
Ebenezer Intergenerational Community believes that by working together with residents, children, communities, families, staff, and volunteers that we have the ability to improve and maintain the quality of life for multiple generations. An intergenerational community provides an opportunity for meaningful connections between generations. These connections create positive relationships that benefit the entire community.
Further, we believe:
- Intergenerational programming has the capacity to unite and enhance each community.
- Every person adds value within our community.
- Education is for all generations.
- Intergenerational programming teaches respect for elders, disabilities, and acceptance.
- Intergenerational programming teaches compassion for others.
- Intergenerational programming lays the understanding that diversity in others is looked on as a positive element in healthy relationships and community.
- As intergenerational relationships develop the grandparents and children exhibit consistent positive impacts on their mood and overall well-being.