Riley Crossing is proud to offer Ebenezer’s trademarked Dimensions Program to residents within our secure memory care communities, designed specifically for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. This program empowers Ebenezer staff to provide exceptional, compassionate care based on current best practices.
Our beautiful two-story common space is flooded with natural light and offers a variety of hobby nooks with ample opportunities for residents to grab a book from our carefully selected library, listen to the music of their choosing, reminisce in the sewing corner, or mix up something delicious in our activity kitchen space.
Ebenezer’s Dimensions Program
Riley Crossing is proud to offer Ebenezer’s trademarked Dimensions Program to residents living within our memory care communities. This program, originally funded by a grant from the Minnesota Department of Health, empowers Ebenezer staff to provide exceptional, compassionate care based on current best practices. Our Dimensions Coordinator oversees the multi-faceted program. Our goal is to make a dramatic difference for your loved one, and provide an engaging and supportive environment for them to thrive.
Our Dimensions Program includes the following:
Building Relationships for Person-Centered Care
- Caregivers trained to respond with compassion and creativity to a resident’s specific needs
- Care plans based on detailed assessments that consider the person’s abilities, needs, preferences, and personal history
- Cognitive assessments by a team of therapists resulting in the development of approaches that match an individual’s level of cognition so that the person can better navigate their environment and maintain independence
Innovative and Interactive Staff Training
- Comprehensive Aging and Dementia Care training delivered at New Employee Orientation
- In-depth, hands-on training on specific dementia-related topics delivered regularly onsite to front-line staff
- Trained Memory Care Champion at Riley Crossing to disseminate training and build a team of skilled and empathetic advocates for residents living with dementia
- “Hot-Topic” dementia-focused training provides monthly skill-building opportunities for staff at every site
- Dimensions Coordinator available to each site for consultation and hands-on training
Engaging Activity as a Building Block of Dementia Care
- Engagement through creative arts and a commitment to lifelong learning
- Activities designed to promote brain health
- Massage Therapy available (for a fee) upon request
- Exercise and Balance Programs
- Interactive, participatory groups such as Drumming, Painting, Music Making, Poetry and more
- Service projects and community involvement
- Person-centered, calming activities as well as interactive entertainment
- Aromatherapy Pilot Initiative underway (selected sites) to promote calm and active engagement
- Communities designed to promote comfort and security
- Controlled-access entries, community activity spaces, outdoor patios
- Special lighting designed for aging eyes
- Painting and decorating in calming colors
- Accessible spaces and furniture
- Continued assessment of environment to ensure dementia-friendly design structures and amenities
Family Education & Support
- Monthly Care partner support groups onsite or virtually
- Dimensions Coordinator available to present for family events
- Family support through education, handouts, and community resources
Purposeful Partnerships Expand Our Ability to Serve
- Consultation and relationship with Alzheimer’s Association and ACT on Alzheimer’s
- Affiliation with the University of Minnesota School of Nursing and the Center on Aging
- Partnerships with Centrex Therapy and Fairview Home Care and Hospice Senior Services
- Aromatherapy Pilot Project with Healing Alchemy™
- Collaboration with Fairview’s Palliative Care and Hospice Care
Memory Care Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? We’re here to help. Explore some frequently asked questions below and contact us if your question isn’t here.
How much does it cost to live in your community?
When you and your loved one are deciding if it’s time to make the move to a senior living community, we understand that money is a big consideration. Please take a look at our pricing page to see what is included in the rent and what charges may be extra.
Do you offer 24-hour nursing?
We have nurses in the community or on-call 24-hours a day.
Are there restrictions on visiting hours?
As this is our residents’ home, we welcome visitors and work with family and friends to find a time to visit their loved ones when it works best for them.
Have peace of mind knowing you’ve made the right decision by viewing our decision-making resources, designed to help you take the next step towards yours or your loved one’s future at Riley Crossing.
Cost of Comparison
Download our worksheet to compare your current cost of living expenses with ours.
Guide for Elderly Caregiving
Want some tips on how to provide the best care possible for your loved ones? Download our Elderly Caregiving guide to learn some curated tips from our experts at Riley Crossing.
Assisted Living Checklist
A transition to Assisted Living can be overwhelming. Our Assisted Living Checklist is designed to make this process as seamless as possible for your family.
See a detailed breakdown of our community features, amenities, and services, and how much they cost.
Learn more about how support groups can help you or your loved one transition to our community and thrive.
Tips for Caregivers
Our caregiving experts at Riley Crossing provide tips and advice so you’re equipped to best support your loved one.
Riley Crossing Blog and Senior Living Articles
Moving to our community is a big step. Familiarize yourself with what Riley Crossing has to offer by checking out our blog posts on what Riley Crossing is all about.
Want to read more of our blogs? Visit our blog page for more content on Riley Crossing.
Our residents participated in The Chamber Orchestra “Race for the Reef” virtual concert with the kids it was full of music, laughter, and of course popcorn.
Howdy, ya’ll! Our team at Riley Crossing hosted a fun-filled Wild West-themed afternoon lunch for residents and it was a great time! The residents grabbed…
Discover How Your Loved One will Thrive with Engaged Living
Transitioning your loved one into Memory Care is a difficult decision, and our family at Riley Crossing strives to alleviate as much stress and worry as possible. We have years of proven experience in Memory Care, and are eager to show you why our community is a perfect fit for your loved one.