June 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Riley Crossing Senior Living welcomes you to join us as we discover how dementia affects the brain, behavior, cognition and personality. Our presenter
for this Virtual CEU is Robyn Birkeland, Ph.D., Study Counselor and Coach.
Bio: Robyn earned her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of South Florida. She has over 20 years of experience providing counseling to adults and families. Currently, Robyn is working on a research study with Dr. Joe Gaugler at the University of Minnesota. As a Study Counselor, she provides a 6-session counseling and support protocol to families whose loved one has recently moved into long-term care using the Residential Care Transition Module (RCTM). This intervention is specifically designed to support this caregiving experience. Robyn collaborates with family members, typically adult children or spouses, guiding them through the transition process of moving a family member into long term care.
1. To discover what dementia is and the most common forms of dementia including Lewy Body Dementia, Frontotemporal Lobe Dementia, and Vascular Dementia.
2. To explore Alzheimer’s Disease, including how the disease process affects the brain
3. To gain a deeper understanding of how these changes in the brain affect behavior, cognition, and personality
4. To delineate common behaviors at each stage of Alzheimer’s Disease
5. To provide recommendations for how to better manage common behaviors
Please RSVP by June 12th to Lana Thomason [email protected] or 952-906-7223
» WE WILL SEND LINK TO VIRTUAL CEU